Many people have shared with me how much my humble little feedback book has helped them! When I released it, I said that I will soon release an “Expanded Edition” (for lack of a better title). Let me try to answer your questions.
First of all, the original Loud and Clear ebook is still a standalone thing, useful on its own. It is not “missing” anything! The expanded edition simply expands into additional topics. The expansion is not a “new version” that replaces the “old version,” rather, it is an optional add-on.
Q: What’s the difference?
A: It’s thicker.
* The original book is 65 pages.
* The expanded version is almost quadruple that: 243 pages.
* The current version lays out my principles for leaving feedback, followed by one long “ESL section” on how I deal with English-teaching related issues while writing class feedback.
* The expanded version will have four additional sections about 1) dealing with behavior, 2) praising good character, 3) class issues such as Unit Assessments, giving homework, and independence from mom, and 4) other issues such as asking for parent feedback. It also includes more content in the original ESL section, some additional appendices, and 65 pages of sample full feedbacks, labeled by theme.
* They both have a clickable Table of Contents, but the one in the Expanded Edition is much longer!
Q: If I buy the cheaper version and then upgrade, will I be charged twice for the same content?
A: No! If you buy the $10 book now, then decide to upgrade to the Expanded Edition, you will only need to pay the difference in price. I don’t want you to pay for the same content twice! Yuck!
Q: What is the difference in price to upgrade?
A: $10 for the original, $40 for the Expanded = $30 difference (about the cost of three classes!)
Q: What will the “upgrade” process be like?
A: Your purchase of Loud and Clear will come with a coupon code for $10 (the price of your original book). Look for the pink “upgrade” button in the same email that had your download link. You can use that code at any time to discount your purchase of the Expanded ebook from my site. After you download the new ebook file, you can delete the original (thinner) copy if you want. Your new book will have all of the same original content inside, nestled in right alongside the beefy expansion.
Q: What about my highlights? What about my printed version?
A: I’m sorry, but I can’t help you there! It may take you some labor to get your highlights moved over to the new file, if you wish to do that. I thought about keeping the new content completely separate from the original, but the book just didn’t flow as well that way. Therefore, it won’t be a simple matter of you adding pages to an existing document or printout.
Q: How are the changes noted?
A: The introduction includes a list of the changes. Also, the Table of Contents has an asterisk * next to new or revised sections.
Q: Is the original Loud and Clear going away?
A: No, it will continue to exist and thrive. If you have not yet bought the book, the original one will be all you need to get you moving in your feedback! You can buy it and decide later whether or not you want the expansion. It’ll be waiting for you in my store, and a discount code will be waiting in your inbox, so that if and when you’re ready to upgrade, you’ll only need to pay the difference in price. If you can’t find your code, contact me and I’ll get it to you!